Monday, May 30, 2011

Just in case the End of Days is Near...

In the past two weeks, I've had not one, not two, but more than a handful of friends tell me that if the Apocalypse was at hand, they would come looking to me to get them thru. Personally, I'll be looking for Will Smith.
 

But here are some possible explanations why. I'll start with the current contents of my car.

When I first got my car, I decided that I needed a runaway kit. Just in case I ever got stuck in the middle of nowhere and didn't want to hang around for the serial killer/rapist/weird truck driver/Freddy Kruger to come and pick me off quickly.


Grabber Hand Warmers - 10 PackIn this backpack (with wheels!) I have a:
Sheet (leopard print & tacky)
blanket (conserve body heat)
sneakers
Balla Sweatshirt (my G-2 ladies will appreciate that)
Sweatpants
Underwear & Socks
hand warmers
Flip Flops
Poncho
First Aid Kit


This amount of prep satisfied me for the first two years of owning my car. I have since acquired the following:
Three car jacks (completely unintentional but they're there nonetheless)
Fire extinguisher
Two Flashlights
Various toolkits
Lug Nut Cross Bar (also represents my main weapon)
Portable Heater
Beach Mat & Chair
Winter gloves w/ attached ice removers
Portable Purse (in a lovely all purpose grey)
Adult and Children Cutlery, Plates & Cups (including sporks)
Wireless Speaker
Kleenex w/ Lotion
Allergy, Indigestion & Vivarin pills
Vacuum
Four Umbrellas
An additional first aid kit
A wine opener
Papertowels
A carkey attachment that breaks window, cuts seatbelts, checks tire pressure and has a flashing light (in case I drive into a river by accident)
Bottled Water
Additional Wallet with $20
$10 in quarters
Lotion/Deodorant/Powder/Lipstick/Handwipes/Nail File/Tweezers/Air Freshener
Football & Frisbee (I've never used either)
A Disposable Grill (hey if I have the sudden urge to BBQ, I need to be prepared)

Looking at this entire list, I'm beginning to think... I may be crazy.
And I would be the Most Prepared Hobo ever.


The saddest part is that all of that is just for my car. We're not talking about my traveling supplies, all the accessories for my bicycle (which i don't know how to ride), and my rather ridiculous attachment to Lysol.
One day I'm destined to be a really great soccer mom... or that crazy cat lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment